The 2011-12 season represents the 30th Anniversary of the Youth Wind Ensembles (UWAY, formerly
known as the Greater Milwaukee Youth Wind Ensembles, "GMYWE") and the 20th Anniversary of the Youth Jazz Ensembles (UJAY). The celebration includes a residency and the premiere of a new composition by award-winning composer John Mackey, as well as a reception honoring Mackey and Professor Emeritus Thomas Dvorak. During the May 10 concert, UWM faculty pianist Elena Abend will perform George Gershwin's masterwork Rhapsody in Blue with the Wind Ensemble.
- Thursday, May 10 - 7:30pm UWM Wind Ensemble & Symphony Band Concert
- Friday, May 11 - 7:30pm UWM Youth Music Program Concert (Jazz, Wind Ensembles, and Chamber Winds)
- Friday, May 11 - 9:30pm Reception honoring John Mackey and Professor Emeritus Thomas
TICKET PACKAGE PRICES:
Proceeds to benefit the Professor Thomas L. Dvorak Scholarship Fund. UWAY/UJAY students admitted for free.
- May 11 Concert and Reception: $35
- May 10 & 11 Concerts and Reception: $50
- Single concert tickets: $12 general/$10 seniors, UWM faculty and staff/$8 non-UWM students/FREE for UWM students and all school band students and directors with a school ID.
Single tickets and tickets packages can be purchased by calling the Peck School of the Arts Box Office at 414-229-4308 or by purchasing them in person. Box office hours are Tuesday - Friday, 10 am - 5 pm and prior to performances. Single tickets can also be purchased online at arts.uwm.edu/tickets.
PIPPIN vs. JEKYLL & HYDE for Best Revival of a Musical and More...